Order by 3pm for Next Day Delivery(Mon-Fri)
Claire Bowman White Cake Lace 200g
- - For use with Pavoni Lace Mats - sold separately
- - Contains 200g
- - Allergy advice: Produced in a plant which also uses eggs, milk, nuts, cereals
This easy to use cake lace comes in a two part mixture, mix together, paste onto a lace mat and bake for 15 minutes. Once cooled the pliable lace can be used as banding on a cake or a unique cake topper. This product is edible, N.B the do not swallow warning refers to the plastic in which the product is wrapped, it also means the product should not be consumed in its powered compound.
How to prepare instructions;
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer.
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5ml) of Part B (liquid)
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at between 70°C - 80°C (15 to 18 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
A small amount of Part B will be left, you can optionally add this to create a softer lace.
Cake lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
Frequently asked questions as answered by Claire Bowman;
Q: When colouring the Cake Lace, do I need to do anything special?
A: We advise dropping the baking temperature by 5-10 degrees and put the Cake Lace in for a total of 20-25 minutes. Please be aware that all ovens are different, so timings and temperatures are estimated.
Q: What type of colouring can I use with Cake Lace?
A: We would advise any gel based food colourings, but for superior results, try out Claire's range of lustre dusts!
Q: Can I flavour my Cake Lace?
A: Definitely! Pick your favourite flavour (we recommend the LorAnn oil range), add a few drops during the mixing process, and bake as normal.
Q: How many mat designs can my tub of Cake Lace make?
A: We would suggest, for a 500g Cake Lace mix, you would be able to make between 35-40 small lace mats worth, or 20-24 of the large mats.
Q: How can I store my Cake Lace once made up?
A: You can store the Cake Lace between two sheets of baking/parchment paper. If you then place this on a pantry shelf, or in a cupboard for example, it can last up until the expiry date on the tub. You can store this either flat, or rolled, however, avoid placing objects on top of this.
Q: Can Cake Lace be applied to things such as ganache, vanilla buttercream, or Swiss Meringue Buttercream?
A: Cake Lace will work on ganache and swiss meringue as normal, however we do not advise using Cake Lace with standard buttercream, as this stays soft.
Q: Can I use Cake Lace with chocolate?
A: You certainly can! If you are using the Gold Cake Lace, you may need to use a tiny amount of edible glue to adhere this to the chocolate, however.
Ingredients: Humectant: E422, Rice Starch, Fructose, Glucose, Emulsifier: E433, Thickener: E440. Colouring: E171, Saccharose, Flavouring, Preserver: E202.
3 ReviewsWrite Review
Claire Bowman Cake Lace
Claire Bowman White Cake Lace 200g
Clear instructions and a nice clean result.
Love this product, service and delivery was very good. Will use these people again.
As long as you follow instructions this works well .I prefer to leave to dry overnight as I cannot turn my oven down low enough to bake . I store any remainder in a airtight container in fridge and use the next day(says mixture keeps 7 days ) once Ive peeled the lace off the mould . Could do with being sold in a smaller quantity goes a long way . Once made keeps for ages if stored as per instruction